7 Health Benefits of CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a compound derived from Cannabis. CBD Oil has gained popularity in recent years due to the legalization of Cannabis in certain countries. CBD oil is made by mixing cannabidiol with hemp seed oil. CBD oil has become a natural remedy for many ailments.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is also a compound derived from cannabis but has psychoactive effects. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This makes it an appealing option for individuals looking for relief from pain without the mind-altering effects of pharmaceutical drugs. The oil is gaining momentum in the wellness and health world, with scientific research confirming its use in treating ailments such as anxiety and chronic pain.
Health Benefits of CBD Oil
- Relieves pain-people use OTC drugs and prescription to relieve pain and stiffness. However, the oil offers a natural alternative. The CBD compound present in marijuana has pain-relieving effects.
- Reduces anxiety and depression- Anxiety and depression have devastating effects on health. The mental disorders are treated with pharmaceutical drugs that have a number of side effects such as headache, agitation, sexual dysfunction and drowsiness. What’s more, drugs such as benzodiazepines are addictive and can lead to substance abuse. The oil has shown promise in treating depression and anxiety, with many showing interests in the natural approach.
- Alleviates cancer-related symptoms- it reduces vomiting and nausea, common side-effects of cancer patients.
- Reduces acne- acne affects more than 10% of the population. The skin condition is as a result of inflammation and overworking of the sebaceous gland. The oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to treat acne.
- Benefits the heart- Research has linked cannabidiol oil with several benefits to the circulatory system and heart, including lowering high blood pressure. Researchers have stated the oil’s anxiety and stress reducing properties enable it to lower blood pressure.
- Has neuroprotective properties- The oil’s ability to act on brain signaling systems such as the endocannabinoid system is beneficial for people with neurological disorders. In fact, studies have focused on CBD’s ability to treat disorders such as multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. Research findings have indicated promising results in treating such neurological disorders.
- Potential Benefits- diabetes prevention and anti-tumor effects. The oil’s anti-tumor effects can help in preventing the spread of lung, brain, colon, breast and prostate cancer.
There’s much to be learned about the safety and medical benefits of CBD oil. Nonetheless, research suggests the oil provides a natural treatment for many health issues.