My WordPress Blog

5 Things You Need to Know About Dental Implants

312 0

Dental implants aren’t as new as they once were. When dental implants first came into practice, they were met with a heavy level of skepticism. Many people didn’t believe they could work. The main reason for this is that dental implants had quite a lot of issues and side effects when we first started using them.

These days, however, technology has improved greatly. Dental implants are no different. There are a number of facts that people are still unaware of when it comes to dental implants. Before you get into the article, make sure you check out www.studiobdental.ca for some of the best dental implant services in the country.

In this article, we’ll tell you about five things you need to know about dental implants. When we’re done, you’ll likely have a new appreciation for dental implants and how useful they are. Let’s get right into it, shall we?

#1 – Dental Implants Maintain Your Jaw and Remaining Teeth

When you take a tooth out, it leaves a gap in your gum and jawbone. The gap has a negative impact on both your jawbone and the teeth surrounding it.

If you don’t fill in this gap, your teeth may start moving into it as you apply pressure by chewing and grinding your food. Before long, you may find yourself with very crooked teeth.

The jaw is also affected by the movement of these teeth as well as the gap on the bone.

Your jaw’s bone density could be compromised if you leave the gap open like this. (Not to mention you could easily get an infection!)

Dental implants work absolute wonders to fix this as your dentist can customize the dental implant to fit into the gap at the exact size of your lost tooth. Once implanted, it will be as though you never lost your tooth at all!

#2 – Dental Implants have an Incredibly High Success Rate

With modern technology and proficient dentists, the success rate of dental implants has reached 97% annually. The remaining 3% is typically a result of unforeseen bodily rejections thanks to a disease or low bone density.

For the rare occasions where a dental implant is rejected, the dentist will catch it and quickly remove the implant. Your dentist will know what action to take instead, so there won’t be any problem at all.

#3 – Dental Implants are Cheaper Overall

Dental implants appear to be expensive at first glance. The initial price is higher than the average dental procedure. However, if you take into account the fact that those dental implants will survive for a minimum of five years and may survive anywhere up to twenty.

The length of time that this dental implant corrects your mouth far outweighs the extra cost. On top of that, you won’t have to pay for a thing after it is implanted. It is a one-time payment.

#4 – Dental Implants Don’t Require Any Special Maintenance

Once your dental implant has been installed, you won’t have to do anything special to keep it well-maintained. You can treat it just like the rest of your teeth by brushing and flossing it daily. Even though it won’t decay from plaque, you still want it to look nice and clean, right?

#5 – Dental Implants Cause Little Pain

It sounds like a painful procedure. In truth, implanting a dental implant causes less pain than a simple filling. You are just placing a dental implant where your tooth used to be and letting the jaw and gum heal around it.

Your gum will sting for a few days as it heals, but the pain isn’t all that much. Most people go back to eating solid food one or two days afterward.

Do You Need Dental Implants?

Now that you know dental implants have a high success rate and aren’t painful to use, nor difficult to maintain, you may consider getting some for yourself. If you don’t need any, then great! However, if you do have missing teeth and gaps in your mouth, we strongly recommend using dental implants.

Doing so will keep your mouth tidy and healthy whilst also allowing you a full smile. There’s no reason to be afraid of dental implants. They are an amazing and incredible piece of technology!

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.